Wednesday 15 October 2014

Moments


How can one describe a moment so precious - with the haze of the winterline in the distance, and the great Himalayas towering over you; the melody of an aarti wafting in the air, the bells tolling in remembrance of forgotten memories of the ancient days.  The whole experience has been so overwhelming, standing on top of the highest of the Paanch Kedars - Tungnath. One feels so small under the vast expanse of the Cosmos.

The day when I was leaving Tungnath, the words of Bilbo Baggins (Tolkein) came to mind:

"There have been times when I thought the inhabitants [of the Shire] too stupid or dull for words, and have felt that an earthquake or an invasion of dragons might be good for them. But I don't feel like that now. I feel that as long as the Shire lies behind, safe and comfortable, I shall find wandering more bearable. I shall know that somewhere there is a firm foothold, even if my feet cannot stand there again."


No comments:

Post a Comment