Monday 23 March 2015

Hello Happiness - Coca Cola International Day of Happiness

It is an international day of happiness, and I have a list of things to share with you that makes me happy, but first this short anecdote.  Do bear with me:

It was a few months ago I came across this article about a man who had been devastated by his divorce.  Unable to find a solution to come out of his depression, he amazingly came across an insane idea.  He decided to tackle his problems head on.  Instead of succumbing to what was causing him so much pain, he decided to be so happy and to make a list of all the things that made him feel just the opposite of what he was feeling.  He came up with a list of a thousand and one things that made his day beautiful, cheered him up and generally made his life awesome.  He then went on to become quite famous and also had a website of his own!

Well, my list may not be as long as his, but there sure are things that gives me immense happiness, and I am glad to share them with you.

So here it is, the big list of the things that make me happy:

Rains

Green Grass

Rides in the Giant Wheel

Quiz

A good TV show watching while sitting on the couch with a blanket cover, while its raining outside.

Umbrella

Pakodas and Tea

Coca Cola and a chat with friends

Planning new trips

Reading my past journal entries

Moleskin diaries

Fantasy Fiction

Scones and Tea

A new shirt

Old Letters

Memories of my mother

Theater

Picnics

Reading a book by a table lamp while, yes, its raining outside

Baking too!

Travelling

Trekking (not during the rains. Too many Leeches! Ouch!)

You know what, the list will go on and on.  I love doing just way too many things.  From old telephones to going on a hot air balloon -  I have a space in my heart that will make me happy doing all these things and in the end also ask me for more.

I love Agatha Christie Novels, and often imagine myself in one of those old English Country Tea Rooms sipping tea and solving detective stories with Miss Marple. Now that would be awesome, wouldn't it?

There are other things too - like the maybe a many layered cake beside a bottle of perfume, a nice long dress, or a rusty old harmonica, or even an accordion.  It's just being blessed to have so many things that can give one happiness.

And, now talking about being blessed, I love the most the amount of time I get to spend with my family.  Nothing compares to that! Wouldn't you agree?

For more happiness, do check out this Link --> http://CokeURL.com/96jnc

Also, don't miss out on this video:






No comments:

Post a Comment